It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but it feels great to be writing again!
This time, I’m diving into a personal experience that my girlfriend (and our puppy Lucky) shared at the Getaway House in the Catskills, NY. It was Ah-MAY-Zing, okay! Amazing.
Last weekend, we had the opportunity to experience a TRUE tiny cabin experience. In the woods, surrounded by nature, no distractions, just us! It was absolutely magical. I had been researching the Getaway House for about a year prior to us actually making it out there, so when Sarina’s 32nd birthday was approaching, I thought this would be a great way to spend it! She loved it, and I’m so happy, because that’s all I wanted, was for her to enjoy the experience.
We stayed in our tiny cabin for 2 nights, 3 days. If you’re considering booking a trip, here’s the step-by-step breakdown of what to expect (below). First thing’s first, I definitely recommend checking out the site thoroughly to review their FAQs and packing list so that you are prepared. Browse the site for locations you might be interested in traveling to, and book your experience (it’s pretty straightforward once you visit the site).
Also, honey you’ve GOTTA love nature, because you’re basically tucked in a cute and cozy pocket nestled deep within the woods (most likely, depending on your location site, and it is very dark and quiet at night, so be prepared and enjoy it 🙂
So What Happens If I Book My Trip?
- You get an email which is basically your invoice and summary of trip
- The Resources For Your Stay can also be found within your email confirmation (this includes details around provisions, what you can find near your outpost, and ultimately what to expect/what to pack, etc.)
- Final Notification 1: A few days before your trip, you should receive another email that provides your Cabin Name, Exact Location of Getaway Site for GPS, and Road Location. You can download your OutPost Map (which is helpful if you lose service, and that’s quite alright 😉 You also get your key code which locks your cabin door. Safe & Secure.
- Final Notification 2: On the Day Of Your Trip you’ll get a friendly check-in time reminder text message from on of the getaway site reps. This is basically a reminder of things you should already know if you read the emails. (They let you know when the cabin will be prepared for you to check-in. They also remind you of all of the careful and cautious measures they’re taking to ensure your cabin is clean and sanitized thoroughly as it’s being prepared)
- Get There & Enjoy Yo Self – Dassit (Go in on that Smores Kit, sis!)
- Final Notification 3: You get another text reminder regarding check-out time. Just head back home after that
One of my sorority sisters reached out, and asked if I thought it was really worth it, and I told her yes! It’s really intimate, and relaxing. Nature is one of my favorite attractions, so this hit the spot, since I’ve basically been inside of my apartment working, since March and haven’t really traveled the way I’ve really want to. With the cellphone lock box in your room, there’s little to no communication with others (unless you want there to be), and the beautiful site you will see through that large window when the sun rises, is everything honestly.
So yes, I would highly recommend, if I haven’t already said that multiple times in my vlog review lol. Feel free to send me a message if you’d like to ask me more questions about the getaway house experience. It will be different in every location, my experience took place in upstate NY and I enjoyed it very much. I’m also very interested in doing more staycation-type, interesting (limited contact) getaway experiences, so if anyone has recommendations, please do share!
Thanks for coming this far down on my post, and checking out my little writeup on the weekend my widdle family and I spent glamping in a tiny cabin. It was truly magical, word to my muddy boots.
Spend some time relaxing at some point if you can. It’s so important to unravel the tension and unwind. If you can’t be present in stillness, getaway and see if that helps. I felt rejuvenated.
Love & light